Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nerves and rebounding

Earlier this week I rode at Luton Park, and it was my first ride since getting a concussion at Island Lake. It was nerve-wracking. I really loved the trail there, but I found myself second guessing every single rock, root, and branch. Stuff that normally wouldn't make me blink. It was one of the most scary rides I've ever been on, even though it was technically one of the easiest trails I've ever ridden (I skipped the loops marked "most difficult" because of doctor's orders, but really I wasn't feeling up to it at all). If I hadn't been riding with a friend, odds are I wouldn't have even ventured off the blue loop. (I also did the orange loop, and three laps of the green loop). I imagined myself going over the bars and losing my vision again every time some trail element (however minor) appeared. It was horrible.

This response was totally unexpected to me. I'm no stranger to crashing. Hell, my worst (until this point) kept me off the bike for two months. I'm guessing it was different this time because it was so scary to effectively lose my vision, and I'm betting it'll only take time to get over it.

In better news though, I found someone to transfer their Iceman entry to me! I'm very excited to be able to race that this November.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home