Thursday, May 13, 2010

It feels good to be back

Back story: I've been sick lately. Really sick. So sick I had to go to the ER to get an IV and a bunch of fancy medicines. But now that I'm all fixed up and itching to ride, outside it's been...raining. And cold. And gross. So I decided to clean the house today, and when I finally stopped to take a look out the window, the sun was shining. When I went outside, it was warm.

So I went riding today, for the first time in about two weeks. It was great. I didn't want to aggravate my freshly-healed throat, so I kept it short, but it felt so good to be back on the bike. I rode down our gravel road to the creek that runs along the edge of our property. The air was warm and still misty from the rain, and the sun was shining where the clouds had broken. It renewed my conviction that cycling is largely a spiritual experience. Boy, does it feel good to be back.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin Clark said...

This is just one of my song I play when I go for a spiritual retreat ride, Like tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK5EuqcTuvc

May 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home