Friday, April 16, 2010

Oh, hello.


It's officially spring in Michigan, which means I've emerged from my annual winter hibernation.

I'm somewhat ashamed of myself, I really slacked off with my winter training. (As it turns out, hibernation and training don't exactly go hand in hand.) I was hoping to be prepared to ride at least a couple of training crits and maybe even Yankee Springs, but I'm still at the same condition I was 4 months ago. I've kept busy these past few months though. Met some great new friends, quit my job, did some freelance design work, and am now in the process of moving.

Yes, you read that right: I quit my job. You may remember that I hated it. A lot. Well, I'm feeling a lot better having left. I had an interview at a library last week, and I should hear back soon whether I got the job or not.

Also, I broke my helmet. I'm not sure what happened, I pulled it out of my bag and realized the restraint system pulled out of the side of the helmet. Probably just the culmination of a hard season's riding and some bad falls. I know you should replace a helmet after every crash, but until I master technical mountain biking skills, that's just not reality for me.


Spent. New Giro already on deck.

I'm really excited about an upcoming trip to Oregon (and hopefully Northern California) this July. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring a bike with me, but I will be doing some awesome hiking trips. I'm keeping myself busy with planning and researching hikes and routes, with hopefully a few pit stops at some microbreweries! Rogue in Newport is on my list, and I'm searching for others.

In the mean time, I'm excited about the mountain biking trails that are (reasonably) close to my new locale. Addison and Bald Mountain are within riding distance, and a lot more are just a short drive away.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashland Oregon's a great town-lots of hiking/biking options and I'll bet you could wrangle a bike loan or rental and some guide tips. Here's a local pub that I recall fondly--it's the site of the original Rogue Brewery...
http://www.ior.com/siskiyou/highwater.htm
Steve

April 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home