Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bike bike bike.

Bike bike bike. Yoga yoga yoga. Music music music.
Rinse, repeat. So far I'm liking spring.

Hooray for longer rides!
Hooray for not getting dropped on group rides! (The plan from TrainerDan™is working!)
Hooray for the wonderful taste of beer after a few hours in the saddle!
Hooray for iceless dirt roads!
Hooray for mean people honking at you when you're climbing a hill!

Wait...scratch that last one...

Almost all of the snow and ice is gone again, and I'm feeling good about the upcoming season. It's time to start planning out the races.

These are a given:
Logsplitter (7/16)
Ore to Shore (8/13)
Iceman (11/5)

These are the other races I'm considering:
Barry Roubaix (3/26! Soon!)
Tree Farm Relay (7/23...need a team!)
Stony Creek XC (8/28)
Addison Oaks XC (9/11)
Grampian Challenge (10/1)
Six Hours of Addison Oaks (10/8)

Suggestions? Recommendations? I can't sign up for all of them because I'm a poor librarian, so I want to narrow it down to about six races this year. I really, really want to do an endurance race, but I'm not going to commit to 6 Hours of Addison until later on in the year when I know I'm up to par.

I have a feeling I will be, though. I'm already in better shape and weigh less than I did at Ore to Shore last year, and my pace then was more than decent. Plus, my cross training with yoga is working out great. I haven't had any soreness post-cycling since beginning yoga, and I can feel myself getting a lot stronger and more flexible. However, after nearly falling asleep during shavasana after yesterday's ride, I'm thinking it's a good idea to stagger cycling and yoga so they're not only two hours apart.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali B. said...

Mud Sweat Beers.... iceman in the spring. fabulous beer-filled event. be there. all the cool kids will be.

March 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home