Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Taking it slow

Ever have one of those days, where everything works out just like it's supposed to?

Well, for me, today was one of those days.

My ride today was great. 43 miles of zen, something my rides have been lacking lately. I just left the driveway and rode with no idea where I wanted to go, and without any route planned. I ended up going north until I hit Columbiaville. I got lost on a twisty dirt road. I lost a water bottle. I had to rely on a stranger at a farm market stand for water from a hose. (Never take for granted kindness in strangers.) I didn't push myself; in fact, I actually went pretty slow. Slow enough to be able to sing along to Iron & Wine. Being slow never felt good before.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger FixieDave said...

as kent peterson says: Hasten slowly! sometime just being mellow and enjoying the moment is the only way to go

October 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home