Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

Winter!

We've finally got a significant amount of snow on the ground and the temperatures are frigid. I've been keeping warm riding the cross bike on the trainer. I am determined that next year my racing season will be much better.

I am also determined to take up snowshoeing. It's funny that after living in Michigan all my life I've never tried any snow sports. Well, this year that's changing. I'm going to rent a pair from REI soon, then hopefully after the holidays when we've got more snow on the ground (if all things go well and I don't decide that I hate snowshoeing) I'll get a pair.


Also, just a reminder that the winter solstice is coming up in a few days (December 21!) and with it comes a lunar eclipse, visible throughout North America. It's somewhat rare for a lunar eclipse to fall on the solstice—the last time it happened was in 1638! The best time (according to NASA) to view the deep coppery moon is at 3:17am. I'm going to try to stay up to catch it!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home